Some of the ways to improve the performance of a Tableau dashboard
- Use a performance recorder to gain knowledge of the performance of different sheets and actions in a workbook.
- Use extracts, if possible. Extracts are faster than live connections.
- Minimize the number of fields in your workbook. Hide fields that are not required.
- Reduce the number of filters used on a worksheet and dashboard. In Tableau, filters are applied separately and each time a query is sent to the data source. Multiple filters will slow down the application.
- All complex calculations should be performed at the data source level.
- The number of sheets will affect performance. Delete or hide any unused sheets.