Dashboards in Tableau are created by either clicking on the Dashboard icon at the bottom of the screen
- or from the Menu/ Dashboard.
- Dashboards contain one or multiple sheets.
- Actions provide interactivity to the dashboards.
- Filters present in the individual sheets are to dashboards too. These filters can be applied to a specific sheet or all sheets using the data source.
- The dashboard contains “Dashboard Objects”. These objects are available in the left pane. These dashboard objects are layout containers – horizontal or vertical. These objects can be used to add Image, webpage, text, and Blank container. Use these objects to enhance your dashboard.
- Dashboard size and sheet coordinates can also be specified.
Exercise: Create a Dashboard using Sheets, FilledMap_color, Combo chart, Parameters, and TableCalculation_Rank.