16. Which of the following statements is not true about the availability of water on the earth, the crisis for which is going to increase in the years to come?
About 97.5 per cent of the total volume of water available on the earth is salty
80 per cent of the water available to us for use comes in bursts as monsoons
About 2.5 per cent of the total water available on the earth is polluted water and cannot be used for human activities
Possibility is that some big glaciers will melt in the coming ten-fifteen years and sea level will rise by 3-4 meters all over the earth
You must be logged in to post a comment.
17. Different seasons are formed because
Sun is moving around the earth
of revolution of the earth around the Sun on its orbit
of rotation of the earth around its axis
because earth is tilted when it revolves around sun.
18. Consider the following statements:1. Ozone is found mostly in the Stratosphere.2. Ozone layer lies 55-75 km above the surface of the earth.3. Ozone absorbs ultraviolet radiation from the Sun.4. Ozone layer has no significance for life on the earth.Which of the above statements are correct?
1 and 3
2 and 4
2 and 3
1 and 4
19. The natural vegetation of Savana consists of:
20. The much discussed Tehri Dam Project is located in which of the following states?
UGC NET PAPER 1
UGC NET Management
UGC NET COMPUTER SCIENCE
UGC NET COMMERCE
GATE COMPUTER SCIENCE
CFA Level 1
Login with Facebook
Login with Google
Forgot your password?
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive mail with link to set new password.
Back to login