21. Which of the following terms is used for the word
You must be logged in to post a comment.
22. Which of the following statements are true in the
context of ‘anumana’ ?
1. According to Nyaya, it is the indirect source of
2. Anumana should have three terms – hetu, sadhya
3. Anumana has five propositions
1 and 2
2 and 3
1 and 3
1, 2 and 3
23. Look at the following statement:
‘One can infer the existence of fire after perceiving
the smoke that has an uninterrupted connection with
the surface of the mountain’.
Which of the following characteristics of ‘anumana’
or inference emerge from the above statement ?
1. It is indirect (paroksa).
2. It takes place through the medium of some mark
which is called the “Hetu”.
3. It is invariably connected with the ‘major term’
4. It is that cognition which presupposes some other
5. Anumana is a secondary proof
1, 2, 3 and 4
2, 3 and 4
1, 2 , 3 and 5
1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
24. Which of the following should be considered as the
essential characteristic/s of ‘anumana’ (inference)?
1. Fire is inferred on the hill, where smoke is perceived in it, is called as Paksa ̧dharmata.
2. When universal relation between fire and smoke is
known, it is called Vyapti.
3. Anumiti arises without the coexistence of the
Hetu and Sadhya.
Both 1 and 2
All of the above
25. Which of the following is termed as the statement of
UGC NET PAPER 1
UGC NET Management
UGC NET COMPUTER SCIENCE
UGC NET COMMERCE
GATE COMPUTER SCIENCE
CFA Level 1
Login with Facebook
Login with Google
Forgot your password?
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive mail with link to set new password.
Back to login