71. People have been seeing ghosts for hundreds of years.
No one has been able to prove definitively that ghosts
don’t exist. Therefore, ghosts are real.
These statements indicate the following fallacy.
Fallacy of ignorantiam
Fallacy of Ad hominem
Begging the question
Fallacy of Red herring
You must be logged in to post a comment.
72. Murder is morally wrong. Abortion is murder. Therefore, abortion is morally wrong.
These statements indicate the following fallacy
Argument ad Populum
Fallacy of slippery slope
Fallacy of strawman
73. Naiyayaikas have explained five members of syllogism. If we take the example that the hill is fiery
because it has smoke, their constituents could be
illustrated in the following way:
(1) Pratijna: The hill is fiery. (S is P)
(2) Hetu: Because it smokes. (S is M)
(3) Udaharana: Whatever smokes is fiery e.g. as is the
hearth. (M is P)
(4) Upanaya: So like the hearth kitchen, the hill is
smoky. (S is M)
(5) Nigamana: Therefore, the hill is fiery. (S is P)
Which of the above is incorrect?
All of the above are correct.
UGC NET PAPER 1
UGC NET Management
UGC NET COMPUTER SCIENCE
UGC NET COMMERCE
GATE COMPUTER SCIENCE
CFA Level 1
Login with Facebook
Login with Google
Forgot your password?
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive mail with link to set new password.
Back to login