11. Which of the following is not true about UNIX?
Many people can use a UNIX based computer at the same time; hence UNIX is called as a multiuser system
A user can run multiple programs at the same time; hence UNIX is called a multitasking environment
UNIX was not written in 'C' language
Linux is also known as a version of UNIX
You must be logged in to post a comment.
12. A thread shares its resources (like data section, code section, open files, signals) with:
other process similar to the one that the thread belongs to
other threads that belong to similar processes
other threads that belong to the same process
all of the mentioned
13. The kernel is _____ of user threads
a part of
the creator of
14. Which of the following is NOT true for Bootstrap program?
Invoked at power-up or reboot
Resides in ROM/EPROM
Perform system initialization
Performs user management
15. System call are executed in
Both user and kernel mode
None of the other options
UGC NET PAPER 1
UGC NET Management
UGC NET COMPUTER SCIENCE
UGC NET COMMERCE
GATE COMPUTER SCIENCE
CFA Level 1
Login with Facebook
Login with Google
Forgot your password?
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive mail with link to set new password.
Back to login