11. The root of x3 - 2x - 5 = 0 correct to three decimal places by using Newton-Raphson method is
You must be logged in to post a comment.
12. Newton-Raphson method of solution of numerical equation is not preferred when
Graph of A(B) is vertical
Graph of x(y) is not parallel
The graph of f(x) is nearly horizontal-where it crosses the x-axis.
None of these
13. Following are the values of a function y(x) : y(-1) = 5, y(0), y(1) = 8
dy/dx at x = 0 as per Newton's central difference scheme is
14. A root of the equation x3 - x - 11 = 0 correct to four decimals using bisection method is
15. Newton-Raphson method is applicable to the solution of
Both algebraic and transcendental Equations
Both algebraic and transcendental and also used when the roots are complex
Algebraic equations only
Transcendental equations only
UGC NET PAPER 1
UGC NET Management
UGC NET COMPUTER SCIENCE
UGC NET COMMERCE
GATE COMPUTER SCIENCE
CFA Level 1
Login with Facebook
Login with Google
Forgot your password?
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive mail with link to set new password.
Back to login