1. The convergence of which of the following method is sensitive to starting value?
Gauss seidal method
All of these
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
2. Newton-Raphson method is used to find the root of the equation x2 - 2 = 0If iterations are started from - 1, then iterations will be
If iterations are started from - 1, then iterations will be
converge to -1
converge to √2
converge to -√2
3. Which of the following statements applies to the bisection method used for finding roots of functions?
Converges within a few iterations
Guaranteed to work for all continuous functions
Is faster than the Newton-Raphson method
Requires that there be no error in determining the sign of the function
4. We wish to solve x2 - 2 = 0 by Newton Raphson technique. If initial guess is x0 = 1.0, subsequent estimate of x (i.e. x1) will be
None of these
5. Using Newton-Raphson method, find a root correct to three decimal places of the equation x3 - 3x - 5 = 0
Various Search Terms used for this section are
for preparation of Engineering Maths for GATE Exams
This section covers Numerical Methods MCQ on following topics
Solution of Non-Linear Equations
Single-step methods for differential equations
Multi-step methods for differential equations
UGC NET PAPER 1
UGC NET Management
UGC NET COMPUTER SCIENCE
UGC NET COMMERCE
GATE COMPUTER SCIENCE
CFA Level 1
Login with Facebook
Login with Google
Forgot your password?
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive mail with link to set new password.
Back to login